NEED A MIDLAND-ODESSA OVERTIME ATTORNEY?
I have represented hundreds of overtime pay claimants and filed dozens of overtime pay cases in Midland-Odessa. I regularly represent large numbers of workers in the Midland-Odessa area on overtime claims in the same lawsuit.
I handle overtime cases on a contingency basis, which means that you pay me nothing unless I recover money for you.
The Permian Basin in and around Midland-Odessa has created so many unpaid overtime issues. Midland is ground zero for the energy revolution that has occurred in the U.S., with millions of barrels of oil being pumped out of the ground from the Permian Basin. With this increase in drilling activity in the Midland area, oilfield workers in the Midland-Odessa area and across West Texas are being asked to work long hours. Borsellino, P.C. handles unpaid overtime cases for workers in Midland-Odessa. If you have regularly worked more than forty hours per week for a current or former employer within the past three years, you may be entitled to unpaid overtime. The Fair Labor Standards Act, or FLSA, requires that employers pay employees one-and-a-half times their regular rate for every hour worked over 40 hours in a workweek, unless the employee is “exempt.” The FLSA also provides that employees can recover liquidated damages (also called “double damages”) and attorney’s fees in an unpaid overtime lawsuit.
Texas overtime laws are a complex field and I am an experienced Midland overtime attorney who can answer your overtime questions.
- If you regularly work more than forty hours per week, you may be entitled to overtime pay.
- If you are paid “straight time,” meaning a flat hourly rate for every hour you work, you may be over overtime pay.
- If you are paid a salary and work in the field, or perform non-executive job duties, you may have an overtime claim.
- If you are classified as an independent contractor but your work is controlled by the company you work for, you may have a claim for unpaid overtime.
- If you are a short-haul driver who is paid by the load, regardless of the number of hours worked, you should ask whether you are owed unpaid overtime.
If any of these apply to you, or if you have any other questions about overtime pay, call Borsellino, P.C. I am a Midland employment attorney who can help you recover money that your are owed by your employer or former employer. I handle overtime cases in the Midland-Odessa area and across Texas. Give Josh Borsellino the opportunity to be your Midland overtime lawyer! Call 432.242.7118 or email me here for a free, confidential consultation today!